Why does your company need mobile app
There are over three billion smartphone users globally now, and we expect this number to increase by several hundred million in the next few years. COVID-19 has made our lives even more dependent on our phones. We use phones for entertainment, information and shopping.
App usage is growing at a steady rate, and the mobile industry is thriving. The reason? People spend 90% of mobile time on apps. These are good news for app owners, but there are not all clear skies. If you want to have a successful app, users need to download and use your application.
Developing a mobile app can be a business trend, but is the right move for your company? This post analyzes what to consider for a mobile app strategy and pros and cons to help you decide.
9 Things to Consider Before Adding a Mobile App
When you are thinking about adding a mobile app to your business, it is important to analyze the need and readiness of your company. Consider asking yourself the following questions:
#1. Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?
Before you develop a strategy for a mobile app, analyze if your company website is mobile friendly. A responsive website provides a smooth user experience and increases the engagement of your users. Your users can find and interact with your company where they are, on their phones.
#2. Does Your App Solve a Customer Problem?
This is the most important factor to decide if an application is right for you. You want users to download your app. The way to do it is solving pain points for your potential users. Successful apps solve a problem for customers, or add functionality to the mobile friendly site.
#3. Does Your Business Rely on Repeat Customers?
However useful mobile apps are, there are still issues with adding billing and shipping details on a small mobile screen. Companies who rely on repeat customers can benefit from an application. You can connect the app with your customers’ database, so when they download the app, their details are already in the system. This makes it easier to use the app, then increasing customer loyalty.
#4. Do You Gather User-Generated Content for Marketing?
If your marketing strategy includes user-generated content, you can build an app that simplifies creating and sharing content into your platform. This can include posts, photos and short videos. Connect your app to social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and other channels for maximum exposure.
#5 How Do Your Users Find You?
Most users prefer the convenience of their mobile devices to shop and browse. If your customers usually reach your company through your mobile-friendly site, a native app will add an extra level of convenience that can increase customer retention.
#6 Who Will Take Care of Support and Maintenance after Launch?
It is critical that your app gives a consistent level of service to keep your customers using it. At Ample Tech, our service goes beyond developing your custom application. We continue monitoring and maintaining the app after launch, to ensure consistent service.
#7 Does Your App Integrate to Your System?
Your app should continue your customer service, giving your users an added level of convenience. Therefore, it is critical to integrate your application with other parts of your system, such as payment and delivery functions. When your app integrates smoothly, customers will use it more to access your services, increasing their trust.
#8 How Many Features Will Your App Have?
The application should provide a functionality or a level of convenience that your mobile site doesn’t. However, it is important to focus on a primary functionality, the one that solves the customer’s main pain point. For example, simplifying online purchases. Apps that do-it-all can confuse users, who can opt out from using it.
#9 What Platform Will You Use for Your App?
Are most of your customers on Android or iOS? You can search on Google Analytics for information about what type of devices your customers use. It would be a good idea to launch your app in the format that most of your customers use. You can also rely on the Ample Tech development team to build a cross platform app that would run on both Apple and Android devices.
Pros and Cons of Adding a Mobile App to your Company
But is a mobile app right for your company? Below, a list of pros and cons of adding a native app to your mobile strategy:
- Continuous Availability – your app is working for your business 24/7, 365 days a year. That means your customers can reach you whenever and wherever they find it more convenient.
- Increased engagement – mobile apps allow companies to interact with their customers in real-time, through messages, opinion polls. Your app will engage your customers through push app notifications.
- Increased customer loyalty – when customers get convenience and their pain points solved by your app, they will choose your company over your competitors. Companies that combine a responsive and mobile website with a native app can both attract new customers and increase loyalty.
- Increased ROI – native apps create returning customers. As they spend more in your business, this in turn, increases your revenue.
- Increased customer base – once your app is available and promoted, you will attract more customers outside your regular customer base, increasing sales. Usually, mobile apps integrate with social media, meaning you can reach a wider audience.
Risks and Solutions
Even with all the benefits it entails, when your native app is poorly developed, it can pose some risks and inconveniences. What should you check out when you’re looking for a mobile app development company? This company needs to:
- Understand your business requirements and come up with a detailed development plan.
- Have expertise in Android, iOS and cross platform mobile app development.
- Provide customer support and maintenance after the launch.
- Understand your product challenges and design the app that solves your customer problems.
- Have flexibility to adapt the app for a wider range of mobile devices and third-party integrations.
You can find all these characteristics and more in the Ample Tech team. Contact us today to start your mobile application strategy.
Ample Tech Founder and CEO